Saturday, July 28, 2012

Barbecue Chicken

P1030400

Much awaited London 2012 Olympics finally had a colourful opening here yesterday night .The best bit I liked in the ceremony was Mr Beans performance and James bonds entry !! Hope you all watched the ceremony and enjoyed that bit :) Eventhough we havent won any tickets for olympics I am very excited about it.I still hasnt given up my hope for tickets and still checks for tickets for any event at a reasonable rate !
Coming to todays topic, now I can strike one thing off from my "things to do list "in summer, a barbecue !! Have been planning to do a barbecue with our friends since a long time,but like I mentioned in my post earlier rain spoiled all our plans,but finally we got few glorious days last week and we decided to do BBQ this weekend quickly before we leave for a 4 weeks vacation to India in 2 weeks time !I prepared two item for our BBQ, Tandoori chicken and this sweet and sour BBQ chicken.Tandoori chicken was obviously the best among the two but the BBQ chicken was a change from normal chicken recipes that I usually make,So give it a go if like a change from usual ones !

P1030395

Ingredients
Recipe adapted from here
Chicken breast - 500 gms
Paprika powder - 1 1/2 tbs
Honey - 3 tbs
Dijon Mustard - 1 1/2 tsp
Pepper - 1tsp
Tomato Ketchup - 3 tbs
Orange Zest - from 1 orange
Olive oil - 1tsp
Dried chilly flakes - 1tsp
Salt
Method
1.Dice the breast fillets into small cubes.
2.Marinate the diced chicken with all the ingredients and keep it aside for 1-2 hrs in fridge.
3.Insert the chicken on skewers and place them on BBQ flipping the sides in between until its cooked.

P1030398

11 comments:

Amina Creations said...

wonderful recipes... looks delicious...

Ganga Sreekanth said...

looks perfect......

Unknown said...

yummy yum.. inviting clicks..

Julie said...

Juicy & yummy chicken ,loved it!!

Ongoing Events of Erivum Puliyum @ Palakkad Chamayal-Fenugreek Leaves OR Green Chillies

Sobha Shyam said...

adipoli aayittu undu Vineetha, i am not a non-veg fan...but this looks really tempting dear :)

Kajal said...

Oooh!! how juicy and succulent those chicken pieces look! and against the green grass, looks so good!

Akila said...

Oh My God what a yummy chicken... My mouth is watering here

Rose from Magpies Recipes said...

This looks SO good! Hope you do get to attend an Olympic event. Loved that bit with Bond and the Queen :)

Priya Suresh said...

Prefect and succulent chicken skewers, loving it.

Samantha said...

My mouth is watering! Barbecue chicken is my and my husbands favorite. Your's look absolutely delicious!!!

Jiah said...

Thanks so much for the recipe. i tried this last evening for some guests and it was amazing. They loved the dish very much!!