Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Gobi Manjurian(Dry version)

P1030322

Well if you know me I have never been so active in updating my blog this frequently..These days I am so in the mood of cooking something elaborate and the summer has made it easier to click whatever I cook for dinner as we have daylight till 9-9.30 p.m .Cant really call it summer though as this time it rained so badly here and we hardly got hot sunny days :( weather is such an unpredicatable thing in U.K ,will tell u about today...when I left home to pick my boy from nursery it was shining so brightly so I deliberately didnt take my umbrella.After I walked for 1-2 minutes the sky became dark and wind started blowing ..it looked as if its going to rain cats and dogs ! Luckily I reached the nursery before rain and then it started to pour...one of the mum kindly lended me her umbrella and since there was no sign of rain stopping we started walking back home.Even the umbrella couldnt help much as it was too windy ,somehow we reached home,and the moment we reached home the sun was out shining brightly ! Its always like this here ,we cant really trust the sun when we go out .

Coming back to todays post..its a dry version of gobi manjurian,I have posted another version before which is not a dry one,you can find here.

P1030323

Ingredients
For frying
Cauliflower - 1 medium
Flour/Maida - 8 tbs
Cornflour - 4 tbs
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbs
Salt
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Oil

For sauce
Onion - 1
Minced ginger -garlic - 1 1/2 tbs
Tomato Sauce - 6 -8 tbs
Soya sauce - 2 tbs
Chilly garlic sauce - 4 tbs
Salt
Capsicum/Pepper- 1
Spring onions - 2-3

Method
1. Make a thick batter with flour,cornflour by adding ginger garlic paste ,salt and
pepper by adding little water.
2.Dip the clauliflower florets in the batter and deep fry them until golden brown.
3.Take few tbs of the same oil and saute the chopped onions till soft.
4.Add minced ginger and garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes.
5.Add all the sauces and cook till oil separates.
6.Add whites of spring onions,chopped capsicum and saute for another 1-2 minutes.
7.Finally add the deep fried cauliflower florets and mix them well until it is well coated in the sauce.
8.Garnish with some chopped spring onions.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

perfect evening time snack.. like the color..

Charu Srivastava said...

mouthwatering...its one of my fav !!!

Swathi said...

Delicious love to have them now.

Julie said...

Love the dry version ,perfect restaurant style aanallo:-)

Ongoing Events of Erivum Puliyum @ Palakkad Chamayal-Fenugreek Leaves OR Green Chillies

R.Punitha said...

Hi Vineetha ,

looks AAAAwesome!!!!

Dry manchurians looks yummy Dear:))))

Keep it up Vineetha...

www.southindiafoodrecipes.blogspot.in

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Adipoli aayittundu dry version...Kothiyavunnu..

Sobha Shyam said...

looks so yummy and tempting, this is an all time fav :) Mr.sun ne vishwasikkane pattilla alle ;)enthayalum kuda edutholu eppozhum :D

Ganga Sreekanth said...

superb dear...nalla bhangiyundu kaanan

Priya Suresh said...

Seriously cant take my eyes from ur irresistible click,super tempting dish.

Subhie Arun said...

perfect for snacks...love d color..v tempting n inviting!

Roshni said...

Looks really yumm.. i totally agree with you vineetha.. weather is as unpredictable as it can get.. a few days ago, it was so hot, I had to put sun screen on my little one. But based on past experience i also carried rain jackets for us. I felt like a fool carrying it. But before we reached our destination less than 15 minutes away, it started pouring.. where is summer?

Suja Manoj said...

Wish I could dig into it right now,simply delicious.

Hema said...

I can have that entire bowl..

Beena said...

Yummy manjurian .pls visi and follow my blog and add ur valuable comments
www.cookingatmayflower.blogspot.com
www.beenascreations.blogspot.com

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

Gobi Manchurian is my favorite...bowl of manchurian looks tempting...