Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thomas Train Birthday Cake with few step by step click pics !


 
It was my lil boy's dear friend's birthday party this weekend and I was asked to make the birthday cake. Birthday boy was always into Thomas train so choosing a theme for the cake was easy,but the biggest challenge was making Thomas with fondant. I was not sure how it would turn out ,but still I clicked   step by step pics to share with u all ,but unfortunately  I could only  click the first few stages of it. By the time I finished 3/4 th of it , it was time for me to pick lil A from nursery and after that I was busy with other things and could finish the rest only in the night ,but its not that complicated  ,only the face was a bit of a challenge, especially when u make a small figurine getting the face right is  bit tough, I tried it 2 times and got satisfied only at my 3 rd ttempt, still not completely happy with the face though !





  I wanted to create a Spring time look on the cake with greenery and flowers. In Thomas and his friends series ,Thomas the tank engine always goes through scenic routes resembling a  typical english country side,thats how  sheep came on the cake and then  tunnels was always an obvious thing for train sets .So with all these things in mind I drew a sketch. In the sketch I had few extra things which I didnt put on the cake. Since it was spring I wanted a baby lamb  and a mummy sheep as the babies are born during spring time. The other thing was  a fence to divide the track and field. I even made the mummy sheep and fence but the cake was looking a bot overcrowded with all those things so I decided not to use it .
 
The train, small tree and the sheep were  made with  fondant with pinch of CMC and the tunnel was made with rice krispy treats.The cake was again a Vanilla cake with Swiss meringnue buutercream which was a hit in the party !

13 comments:

hotpotcooking said...

Nice work. Looks so good.

Torviewtoronto said...

beautiful creative cake

great-secret-of-life said...

Looks good!
http://great-secret-of-life.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Great job,beautiful cake..You have become a professional baker dear..Glad for u!!
Join my ongoing EP events-Asafoetida OR Fennel seeds @ Divya's Culinary Journey

Julie said...

Great job,beautiful cake..You have become a professional baker dear..Glad for u!!
Join my ongoing EP events-Asafoetida OR Fennel seeds @ Divya's Culinary Journey

Manju @ Manjus Eating Delights said...

you are becoming a pro at this Vineetha...just simply awesome work!!

Regards,
Manju
http://manjuseatingdelights.blogspot.com/

Amila said...

Very beautiful cake.so creative!

divya said...

OMG...great work dear...

Priya Suresh said...

Seriously wish i live near you to learn how to make such cute cakes from you. Mindblowing birthday cake.

Unknown said...

great work dear..

Unknown said...

Excellent job I must say, surely the kids must have loved it
Blog - http://shwetainthekitchen.blogspot.com/
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/ShwetaintheKitchen

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Adipoli...Looks very nice dear...

Prema said...

wow beautiful cake,luks amazing...